7 Signs of Cheating
How do you tell if your partner is being unfaithful?
Finding out that your partner may be cheating can be traumatic and it could cause negative emotions, such as anger, sadness, and betrayal. It can also have a significant impact on your mental health. If you suspect your partner is being unfaithful because of actions that are out of the norm, you have the option of hiring a private investigator in order to find out whether a spouse or a parent has been unfaithful. A private investigator can use technology and conduct surveillance in order to uncover hidden relationships and illicit affairs.
There are several signs and some key ways to tell whether your partner could be cheating. Here are 7 major red flags:
1. Changes in Intimacy and emotional distance. A distinct increase or decrease in intimacy and levels of affection may indicate infidelity. For instance, if there is less intimacy or connection in your relationship or your sex life is non-existent, these signs may indicate the possibility of an affair. Apathy or lack of interest in things that they used to love and indifference to family events like birthdays and holidays may be a further indication of an affair.
2. Changes in Personality or Attitude. Frequently, cheating spouses will begin to unexpectedly exhibit emotional distance and aloofness. But they may be prone to flares of anger and avoiding you and become critical or overly sensitive over minor things. This can be a sign of defensiveness; a way of alleviating their guilt by shifting the responsibility for the deteriorating relationship away from themselves and onto their partner.
3. Changes in phone habits and Technology Use. A partner that hides his or her phone or is secretive about their calls and text messages or internet use, may be cheating. If your spouse is always texting or sneaking off to take phone calls or if your spouse changed their password or won’t share it with you, these are red flags.
4. Changes in appearance. A marked change in style of dress, intimate wear, and/or personal hygiene can be a sign of cheating. Dressing nicer than normal or wearing a different style of clothing are also clues. If these changes are sudden or they seem defensive about their change, this could mean there is someone else they want to impress.
5. Changes in Work Routine and Time Spent Away from Home. If your partner or spouse suddenly needs to work late or work longer hours, this may be an indication that your partner is spending time with someone else. Working late is by far one of the most common excuses used by cheating spouses.
6. Changes in Spending Habits. Financial problems are one of the main predictors of marital infidelity. A change in your spouse’s spending habits can tip you off if there is someone else in the picture. If the credit card or banking statements and activities don’t make sense or something is out of the ordinary, you have reasons to be suspicious.
7. Lying. Secretive behavior is a key indicator for any relationship as trust must always be there. Any kind of dishonesty in a marriage is a red flag. If your partner is more secretive and is lying about a variety of things, and if they become nervous when you ask them where they have been and with whom and ask you for more privacy, these are potential signs of cheating.Contact Us today
If you would like more information on what we can do for your case, then please contact us and make an appointment. We will explain how we work and can serve you and what type of investigation you need. Give us, a private investigator in Sacramento, a call at (916) 865-8169.