Common Signs Your Spouse Is Cheating
Research in Family Law indicates that most cheaters exhibit common signs or red flags that point to Infidelity. Do you strongly suspect that your spouse is having an affair? Here are some common signs of infidelity and typical cheating behavior.
The signs often fall into 5 main categories.
Signs No. 1 to 4 pertain to SUSPICIOUS PHONE BEHAVIOR
- Spending more time on the phone than in the past. This is worrying if the spouse is on the phone more frequently and you can tell it’s not about work.
- Acting secretively with their phone. For instance, once they get a text, they try to hide it from you.
- Changes passwords often or won’t share phone password.
- Prefers to leave phone in their car overnight. This is done to give you less access to it.
Signs No. 5 to 8 – CASH WITHDRAWS AND ODD CREDIT CARD ACTIVITY
If you notice cash withdrawals from your joint accounts that are out of your partner’s usual spending limits or habits, alarm bells ought to ring.
- Charges for flowers that you did not receive.
- Charges for dating sites.
- Large charges for meals which are not work-related.
- Refusing to show you credit card statements.
Signs No. 9 to 11 – CHANGES IN INTERESTS AND HABITS
If your spouse is all of a sudden taking a renewed interest in their appearance, then he or she may be cheating. Look for these signs:
- Taking a brand new interest in working out, buying new clothes, wearing a new scent or perfume and other significant changes in grooming habits.
- Obvious changes in tastes and musical preferences.
- Very excited about a new friend or acquaintance.
Signs No. 12 to 15 – GIVES YOU LESS QUALITY TIME AND ATTENTION
- Lack of intimacy – avoids having sex. It doesn’t happen and when it does, sex does not feel intimate any more. Emotional intimacy has faded.
- Spending less and less time with you and not being present even when you two are together.
- Makes excuses not to do things together on weekends.
- Just stops noticing you.
Signs No. 16 And 17 – TRIES TO SHIFT FOCUS FROM THEM TO YOU
- Triggered when asked about their behavior and your suspicions.
- Picking fights over nothing. He or she may start a screaming match to have a reason to leave house.
Signs No. 18 to 20 – MOUNTING SUSPICIONS
- Hints or warnings given by friends and family members. You may not suspect anything, but other people often do. Often friends and family members know your spouse is cheating long before you do. It is not uncommon for other people to notice your marriage is in trouble before you do.
- Friends and family members feel uncomfortable around you. It is because they know what is going on and this makes them feel uncomfortable around you. They may try to avoid you or overcompensate by being overly nice to you.
- The biggest sign of all is your gut tells you so and you have a nagging feeling that something just is not right with your relationship. If you suspect your spouse is cheating, and he or she exhibits several of the signs mentioned above and those aforementioned changes in behavior patterns and habits, then you may well be right.
Contact Us today
If you would like more information on what we can do for your case, then please contact us and make an appointment. We will explain how we work and can serve you and what type of investigation you need. Give us, a private investigator in Sacramento, a call at (916) 865-8169.